Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Amazing Ash

Sooooooooooooooooooo Ash is a genius. The last few months, Baird and I have been concerned that he isn't saying as many words as his sister did at this age. (almost 2) She was chatting up a storm by two, and if you know her she hasn't stopped yet. Ash knows some words... like shoe (thanks meg!) and bye bye and animal sounds... car, dog, go, yay, hi. bye... and more... but we were a little concerned.

He has been pointing at letters lately and making sounds. At least thats what I thought he was doing. The other day, he found some of Zoe's old flashcards with letters on them.... He was going through them, picking one up and saying something, then going to the next. I really wasn't paying too much attention, I think I was being El Tigre for Zoe... then I stopped and started looking at what he was doing.

And amazingly, he knew some of the letters! He seems to know E and O and L and X and M (says Mmmmmmmm) and H. OH MY GOODNESS... where did he learn that? He knows like ten letters! I think I'll take a video!

2 comments:

Dawn Endres said...

That's Awesome! WTG Ash!

Meg said...

He's such a smartie. Can't imagine where he gets it from! ;)