Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Countdown: Five, Four....




So here I am! Thrilled and excited to be starting a blog of my very own. I had about an hour free, so I sat down and started the process of starting this here blog. Little did I know, that it would take fifty of those sixty mintues, agonizing over what in the world I should call my blog. Toyed with adding my name... Mara's Mommyhood Adventures. My kids names.... The many Adventures of Zoe and Ash (reminscient of Winnie the Pooh)... I thought perhaps, if it was THEIR blog.. they should learn how to type (and read and write... being one and four.. they aren't quite there yet) and since it is MY new blog, I should leave some room for me to discuss other topics besides them (if there ever happens to be ANY)

So now, I've got a total of five minutes to write and post this very first, and very important, blog message. If I take any more time, I will not have the time to get to my daughters school to pick her up. I'm not sure that the excuse... "I'm sorry I was not here on time, but I REALLY had to finish my very first blog entry" ... would go over all that well.

For all those more experienced bloggers out there. Did you get buyers remorse after clicking that button that sealed your blog name? Did you wonder if your title was just super lame? If you should take more time and do some research and come up with something that would describe you so much more completely than the one you chose? I certainly do... of course I am comforted by the fact that there is no one that knows this blog exists yet.

One minute to go... so I'm going to leave and post this picture of two of the most important people in the world to me. And whose stories and lives will be the driving force and the content behind probably every post in this thing I call a blog.














2 comments:

Meg said...

Excellent first entry! Hugs!

Mara said...

Thanks! Love ya!